(321) 242-7000

They don’t happen often, but when they do plane crashes cause a significant amount of damage to property and people.  Having a Melbourne, FL attorney on your side who is familiar with case law in this area can help you navigate the course of what happens next while providing you with legal protection to exercise your rights.

Investigative Process

After a plane crash there is a lot of detective work to determine the cause of the crash.  A personal injury attorney should have their own investigator(s) who can assess the case.  Having your own legal representation during the process will assure you that you have someone who is looking out for your best interest.  Often times there are many reasons why a plane goes down.  It could be pilot error, mechanical problems, weather, or even air traffic controller mistakes.  Whatever the reason, it can take months to uncover and you need someone who will fight for you every step of the way to ensure your rights are protected to the fullest extent.

Injuries Are More Common than Not

The injuries sustained from plane crashes are often traumatically critical and unfortunately fatal in many cases.  The most common injuries from plane crashes include:

  • Head injuries
  • Spinal injuries
  • PTSD
  • Fatality

Depending on the nature of sustained injuries, damages awarded could include:

  • Lost wages
  • Medical bills, both past and expected
  • Emotional pain and suffering
  • Loss of consortium

Determining Liability

It takes a good personal injury attorney to determine liability. There are numerous possibilities to consider including the owner of the aircraft.  If it can be determined that the crash was due to negligence on behalf of the owner, he/she would be held responsible for the accident.

It could be that the manufacturer of the aircraft would be held liable if a defective product can be found as the source of the cause of the crash.  Or it could be due to a regulation violation from one of the overseeing safety agencies.  Even yet, it may be there is a joint liability.  There may be pilot error for say 40% of the crash while manufacturer liability would, in theory, make up the remaining 60%.  It takes a skilled and knowledgeable personal injury attorney with experience to help you receive just and fair compensation for your damages.  Aviation law is a complex and often lengthy system to navigate.  Let a Brevard county personal injury attorney who specializes in it, take a look at your case today.